Knowledge, Attitude and Awareness towards Benefits of Lavender Oil
Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International,
Lavender essential oil is one of the famous essential oils which is used in aromatherapy. Lavender oil is known to relieve psychological problems and also helps in treating fungal infections, allergies, insomnia, etc. Lavender oil possesses certain properties like antibacterial, antifungal and antidepressant. Lavender oil is found to be useful in the treatment of acute as well as chronic pain. Thus the aim of this study is to assess the knowledge and awareness about the benefits of the lavender oil among people. A questionnaire comprising 10 questions was posted on an online survey platform. The data collection was done through Google forms and the statistical software used for the analysis included the SPSS software. Descriptive analysis was used. In this study, 69% of the people were aware that lavender oil helps in reducing anxiety and 78% of them believed that lavender oil is good for skin. From this survey, it is evident that the majority of them were aware about uses and medicinal benefits of lavender oil. The present study assessed the knowledge and awareness about the benefits of lavender oil among people, by using a survey on one hundred persons. This survey may help the people to use lavender oil in day to day life and thereby they can improve their mental health and relax themselves.
- Lavender oil
How to Cite
2. Institute NC. National Cancer Institute. Lavender Oil. Definitions; 2020. Available:https://doi.org/10.32388/tx4ofz.
3. Malcolm BJ, Tallian K. Essential oil of lavender in anxiety disorders: Ready for prime time? Ment Health Clin. 2017;7:147–55.
4. Appleton J. Lavender oil for anxiety and depression. Natural Medicine Journal 2012;4:2157–6769.
5. Cavanagh HMA, Wilkinson JM. Biological activities of lavender essential oil. Phytother Res. 2002;16:301–8.
6. Bhat IUH, Khanam Z. Lavender Oil. Green Pesticides Handbook 2017:231–44. Available:https://doi.org/10.1201/9781315153131-12.
7. Tysoe P. The effect on staff of essential oil burners in extended care settings. Int J Nurs Pract. 2000;6:110–2.
8. Lewith GT, Godfrey AD, Prescott P. A single-blinded, randomized pilot study evaluating the aroma of Lavandula augustifolia as a treatment for mild insomnia. J Altern Complement Med 2005;11:631–7.
9. Koulivand PH, Ghadiri MK, Gorji A. Lavender and the Nervous System. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013;2013:1–10. Available:https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/681304.
10. Joyson A. Lavender Essential Oil: Everything You Need to Know About This Wonderful Essential Oil. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2015.
11. Ahmad R, Naqvi AA, Al-Bukhaytan HM, Al-Nasser AH, Baqer Al-Ebrahim AH. Evaluation of aromatherapy with lavender oil on academic stress: A randomized placebo controlled clinical trial. Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2019;14:100346.
12. Shruthi M, Preetha S. Effect of simple tongue exercises in habitual snorers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018;11:3614. Available:https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2018.00665.0.
13. Abigail, Abigail, Priya J, Devi G. Evaluation of Muscular Endurance among Dentists. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development. 2019;10:258. Available:https://doi.org/10.5958/0976-5506.2019.02808.0.
14. David, David, Jothi Priya A, Devi G. Physical fitness among the dental physician, dental undergraduates and postgraduates students. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 2019;10:223. Available:https://doi.org/10.5958/0976-5506.2019.02801.8.
15. Rj I, R GD. Role of environmental factors on sleep patterns of different age groups. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2016;9:124. Available:https://doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2016.v9i6.13832.
16. Dave PH, Preetha. Pathogenesis and novel drug for treatment of asthma-a review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016;9:1519. Available:https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360x.2016.00297.3.
17. Diego MA, Jones NA, Field T, Hernandez-Reif M, Schanberg S, Kuhn C, et al. Aromatherapy positively affects mood, EEG patterns of alertness and math computations. Int J Neurosci. 1998;96:217–24.
18. Sung SN, Eun Y. The effect of aromatherapy on stress of nurses working in operating room. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2007;19:1–11.
Abstract View: 585 times
PDF Download: 311 times